I really struggle when it comes to naming my posts sometimes….I tend to be a
little lot wordy so I often end up with titles that are waaaaaay too long. And sometimes it’s just too complicated. Like today for example : Lemon Poppyseed, Key Lime Coconut, and Chocolate Almond Cashew Cream Fruit Dip. That’s a ridiculously long title! So then I’m forced to try and be clever…there’s a challenge that I’m not always up to meeting! So finally on days like today I just distill it down to the simplest terms…because three really is greater than one when you’re talking delicious, creamy, ahhhh-mazing fruit dips made from cashew cream!
I happen to really like fruit of almost all kinds (not a huge melon fan for some reason), and mostly I enjoy it just as Mother Nature intended….fresh and juicy and unadulterated! I put it on cereal, I mix it into plain yogurt, I eat it out of hand, I occasionally bake with it, and I eat fruit most every morning in my breakfast smoothie. But other than baking with it – it’s all pretty much just straight up fruit.
Every once in a while though, I want something a little more special. I’m talking for birthday and graduation parties, bridal and baby showers, family reunions and holidays, and Mondays…yeah…for sure Mondays call for something special! 😉 So for those times, I’m happy to share with you three different variations of fruit dip made from the very same basic cashew cream base…which consists of raw cashews and honey!
The Lemon Poppyseed Fruit dip also contains freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest, and poppyseeds.
The Key Lime Coconut Fruit Dip takes the juice of 26 itty bitty cute-as-can-be key limes, the zest of about 8 or 10 of the little cuties, and coconut.
Ranking right up there with baby’s feet and kittens on the cuteness scale is this adorable little key lime slice! 💚
And oddly enough, the Chocolate Almond Fruit Dip takes organic cacao, chopped almonds, and a splash of almond extract!
I’m not even kidding when I say this chocolate almond dip tastes exactly like brownie batter! It’s really sinfully delicious and would also make a pretty fantastic frosting if you’re looking for a healthier sugar free option! 👍
Looks good…right? Lucky for all of us, it couldn’t be easier to make! Just like with all our previous Cashew Cream recipes it begins by soaking the raw cashews for at least 2 or 3 hours, or as much as overnight. Then drain the water, put the cashews and honey in a blender pitcher, add the remaining ingredients for whichever flavor of fruit dip you’re making, and whizz it up! You will most likely need to add a little to water to the mixture to get it smooth and creamy enough to dip into. I added water just a tablespoon at a time until I reached my desired consistency. The exact amount varied for each flavor. By patiently adding the water a spoonful at a time you’ll get the perfect results every time. Also keep in mind that the dips will set up in the refrigerator a little bit, so you’ll want to set them out for about 30 minutes before serving!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water at least 2-3 hours, then drained
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- Water as needed
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp poppyseeds
- 26-28 key limes, juiced
- 1 tsp key lime zest
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup organic cacao
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- For each dip, mix the drained cashews and honey in a blender for 30-40 seconds until the nuts and honey are starting to blend together.
- Add remaining ingredients for desired flavor of fruit dip, and continue blending until all ingredients are well combined and the dip is smooth and creamy, adding water 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached, remembering that the dip will stiffen in the refrigerator.
- Adjust for flavor, adding more honey, juice, or almond extract as desired.
- Place in covered dish and refrigerate until 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Stir well and serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers, or cookies.
- This dip lasts for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.